Your Baby Scan Widnes
You'll find us here
142 Birchfield Rd
Tel: 0151 558 0118
View Larger Map
Send us a message
About our Widnes Clinic
Located in the small industrial town of Widnes, in the suburb of Farnworth in the north of Cheshire, our scan centre is located 5 minutes from the town centre, next to Widnes Railway Station where Paul Simon is supposed to have written Homeward Bound.
The local area includes the popular Victoria Park, which includes a duck pond filled with swans, children's play area, coffee shop, ice-cream parlour and a butterfly glasshouse - all of these can be very popular if your baby is in the wrong position, and you'd like to go for a walk and make a day of your visit.
With fantastic public transport links to Liverpool, Merseyside and Manchester our scan centre is easy to reach by bus or train. Its location is also easy to reach from the A557 and therefore well connected to the M56, M6 and M62 motorways providing only a short drive from the neighbouring towns of St. Helens, Warrington and Speke.
|Monday||11:00 - 19:00|
|Tuesday||11:00 - 19:00|
|Friday||11:00 - 19:00|
|Saturday||10:00 - 18:00|
|Sunday||10:00 - 18:00|
Our Widnes Scan Centre is located on a ground floor and is accessible by most standard wheelchairs. Our scan room is also accessible via most wheelchairs. Our toilets have a single step down to be able to reach them which may require some assistance, and are generally small so may not be suitable for a disabled user, unfortunately due to their limited size, there is nothing within our power to able to adapt these to make them more accessible.
How to reach us
Directions by Rail
Our Widnes scan centre is ideally located on the Liverpool to Manchester City Line, outside Widnes train station, serviced by Northern and East Midlands Railway.
These trains run from the following stations on this line:
- Liverpool Lime Street
- Edge Hill
- Mossley Hill
- West Allerton
- Liverpool South Parkway (for Liverpool John Lennon Airport)
- Hunts Cross
- Hough Green
- Sankey for Penketh
- Warrington West (for Chapelford Village)
- Warrington Central
- Chassen Road
- Humphrey Park
- Trafford Park
- Manchester Oxford Road
- Manchester Piccadilly
- Manchester Airport
Our Widnes clinic is also located on a main bus route with buses to Liverpool via Whiston and Prescot, and into Widnes town centre where you can change to interconnecting buses for Runcorn or Warrington.
Directions by Road
Our Widnes Scan Centre is easy to reach from nearby St. Helens, Warrington, Runcorn, Prescot, Knowsley, Huyton, Liverpool, Knutsford and even areas of North Wales such as Wrexham, Flintshire and as far as Colwyn Bay by car.
From M56 (J12)
- Exit following signs for A533 (toll route) for Widnes
- Continue following signs on A533 to go over Mersey Gateway Bridge
- Take the second exit off the bridge and keep right, then right again onto Ditton Rd / B5419
- Continue straight (McDonald's on left, Kwik Fit & Esso on right) to the roundabout and take 1st exit to continue on B5419 / Birchfield Rd
- Continue straight until you pass over the bridge at Widnes Railway Station, and our scan centre is on the right.
From M62 (J7)
- Exit following signs for A57 Warrington
- At the next junction, turn right onto B5419
- Continue to the end of the road then turn right
- At the roundabout turn left onto B5419 / Birchfield Rd
- Continue straight on Birchfield Rd, our scan centre is on the left just before Widnes Railway Station
Our scan centre provides parking facilities for 2-3 cars in front of the scan centre.
Alternative parking is available on Lancaster road at the side of our scan centre.
Please be conscientious when parking, and do not park in front of other businesses which have reserved spaces for their own customers, or neighbouring residents which require access to driveways. Please do not be offended if you use reserved parking or block driveways and are asked to move your vehicle.
Get in touch
142 Birchfield Rd
73-75 Nantwich Rd
For directions, view more info about our clinics